Texas Community College Cooperative Purchasing Network
Welcome to the Texas Community College Cooperative Purchasing Network section of TACC's website. In this section of the website you will find:
Information About the Cooperative
Purchasing Information for Texas Community Colleges
How to Contact the Director of Cooperative Purchasing
The Texas Community College Cooperative Purchasing Network is the Texas Association of Community Colleges’ cooperative procurement solution. It is available for use by all junior and community colleges in the State of Texas that elect to participate through an interlocal agreement.
Participation in the network is not required of members of the Association; however, the program provides the legally required competition for contracts for commonly purchased items thereby saving the individual college the time and cost of going through the competitive solicitation process. By taking advantage of the buying power of many colleges, substantial savings in the cost of goods and services will be realized. Perhaps most important is that the instructional programs are made more productive by having goods and services delivered in a more timely manner as the individual college’s competitive bid process has been eliminated.
Vendors also benefit from this program. Instead of participating in many bids with the various colleges, they have only one. The time and expense of going through the competitive solicitation process for each college is avoided.
Advantages of Network:
- Volume Pricing
- No cost to use the Network
- Reduce procurement overhead in the college business office
- Local vendors are eligible to participate
- Ready access to all solicitation documents
- Focus on community college needs that other coops don’t offer
- Achieve economies of scale
- Service fees benefit all Texas community colleges
The Cooperative Purchasing Network will help colleges:
- Provide member colleges opportunities for greater efficiency and economy in acquiring goods and services.
- Take advantage of state of the art purchasing procedures and current technology to insure the most competitive contracts.
- Provide competitive price solicitation and bulk purchasing for multiple colleges that yields economic benefits unobtainable by individual entities.
- Provide quick and efficient delivery of goods and services by contracting with “high performance” vendors.
- Equalize purchasing power for smaller entities that are not able to command the best contracts for themselves.
- Maintain credibility and confidence in business procedures by maintaining open competition for purchases and by complying with all purchasing laws and ethical business practices.
- Use the best practices in cooperative purchasing.
- Generate revenue for the Texas Association of Community Colleges to benefit the members.